Can you imagine the possibility to work and study with ease?
Sterling Bank in partnership with Nexford University recently launched a work and study scholarship program for Nigerians. Introducing the Grow with Sterling Scholarship gives learners a great opportunity to complete a 100% online Degree at Nexford while working with Sterling Bank and earning a decent wage.
Driven by our purpose to enrich lives and promote the quality of education for the average Nigerian youth, Sterling Bank is introducing the “Grow with Sterling” initiative. Grow with Sterling is a social impact program that will enable Nigerian Secondary School Leavers to further their education under a special partnership arrangement between Sterling and Nexford University.
In a statement by the Chief Human Resources Officer of Sterling Bank PLC, Temi Dalley, noted that the program is part of the bank’s new-to-the-world opportunities for young Nigerians to access quality and education at an affordable cost while gaining cognate work experience.
As a first of its kind, this set of learners will also have the opportunity to be fully engaged by Sterling under a “Work and Study” arrangement for the duration of their program with Nexford University. Watch Sterling Bank’s MD/CEO, speak to a Nexford University audience about online education and employer needs.
ALSO READ: Nexford University Launches Scholarship for Future Leaders
The scholarship covers about 85 % of the tuition fees leaving the student with $12 / month. Listing other benefits, Temi Dalley added that learners would get complimentary access to enrolment on other learning platforms like LinkedIn amongst other things
Work and Study Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Nigerian, living in Nigeria
- Have five credits including English and Mathematics at O levels or its equivalent
- Provide a strong guarantor from your parents or a guardian
- Not have a Bachelor’s degree and not be enrolled in any tertiary institution in Nigeria or a
Work and Study Application Guidelines
Your application is a formal request to be considered for the Grow with Sterling work-study Scholarship. To apply, you’ll need to complete the application and provide:
- A 150-word essay answering: “Why should you be considered for the Grow with Sterling Scholarship?”(150 words maximum)
- Secondary school certificate (WAEC, NECO or GCE)
- Government-issued ID or passport
- Other relevant certificates
Work and Study Scholarship Screening
Within seven days after submitting your scholarship application, a Sterling Bank representative will contact you via email to let you know if you have been shortlisted.
The Sterling screening process for shortlisted applicants includes the following:
- O Level Screening: Based on O level grades achieved
- Speed Test: you’ll complete a speed test to measure a broad spectrum of abilities
- Interview: you’ll be interviewed virtually by a Sterling Bank representative
- Documentation: you’ll need to submit the following documents to Sterling Bank:
- A parent’s valid means of ID
- A sponsor’s valid means of ID
- A guarantor’s valid means of ID
Apply Here: Nexford BBA Program
Hurry now, only 50 scholarships available!