UNILORIN Students panics over Library fire

A minor fire which reportedly began in the basement of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) main library on Thursday left students panicking and scampering for safety out of the three storey building.
Reports stated that the fire started in the basement of the library as a mild explosion was heard at repeated intervals forcing the library staffs to sound the jingle bell.
A student who narrated how it happened said, I have a test today by 2 pm so I decided to stay in the library for a very quick revision, it was less than 30 minutes when I got there that I heard a woman shouting everybody leave, everybody leave now.  
 Before we know what was happening, people were already rushing, feeling so scared, Although some of us still remain calm trying to find out what went wrong, we suddenly felt a vibration as the whole library was shaking, it started from the first floor and was moving towards the last floor.
It was learnt that the cause of the fire was as a result of electrical circuit failure.

No life was lost according to the reports.

Show More

Please leave a comment

Related Articles

Close