Preceding the post, Mrs Rodriguez already knew she would be fat shamed and she had shamed herself first just to ward off whatever negative spat would ensue after she had posted the image.
Uche Jombo said: “I usually won’t Do this but it’s kind of getting tiring with the ‘you are FAT’ comments here please I have mirrors in my house, I came from this place in this picture after Matthew was born from 243pounds to 198pounds ,not anywhere near where I want to be but still working on my weight like most women so if you are one of those that only get into the comments section to write how ‘FAT’ I am …? please do yourself the favour of unfollowing this page NOW. You can always take your comments to the blogs that way we are both happy. #zerotoleranceforstupidity”.
Still, that didn’t stop Nigerian trolls. The hate flowed in hundreds as spiteful and depressed social media users still insulted Uche Jombo.
Some of the trolls posted:
- naijacarrot – You are fat, hate or love it? Your cup of tea!
- engr_valindaz – Ugly short fat thing… Nonsense
While some nice peeps cheered Uche Jombo with:
- harry.collins.58173 – Why are you wasting your precious time talking to some idiots who only come online to talk people down, you don’t own them explanation about your look or weight at all. In life people come with different size and shape. You are beautiful dear.
- dollynwaduba – Uche, seriously don’t let these jobless haters on the internet get to you. They’re just a bunch of lonely and jobless losers who have nothing better to do with themselves. so they decided to torment other people’s lives with nasty comments in order to feel good about their own empty lives. Please, don’t ever dignify their stupidity with a response. Just ignore them! You’re perfect the way you are!
- fun_fearless_female_ – You have really done well for yourself..most women have weight issues as well. Dnt bother with the comments..Rise above it..keep going strong!
- deboraannabel – Even wit dat body u still better dan all of them put together,love u just like dat
Fat or slim, Uche Jombo is one of Africa’s best producers and she had a baby. She’s also working hard to lose the baby-fat and should be applauded rather than ridiculed by her own people.
Some of the hateful comments emanate from women which is really appalling.