Teach for Nigeria invites exceptional graduates and young professionals to apply for a 2-year full time and paid fellowship in Nigeria. Applications are open for the Fellowship Programme 2020 . The Fellowship is a 2 year full-time paid commitment in which the most outstanding graduates and professionals are placed to teach in Nigeria’s underserved schools in low- income communities.
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a transformational leadership program that equips Fellows with transferable leadership skills to effect change beyond the classrooms in the communities served. Teach For Nigeria will work relentlessly to ensure that all Fellows have the knowledge and skills necessary to lead their students towards achievement.
The Fellowship begins with a six-week residential training program. Here, Fellows are exposed to curriculum, lesson planning, and classroom facilitation and student assessments among other modules, sessions and keys to successful teaching.
Benefits of Teach for Nigeria
As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of the movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some of the benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training
- Real responsibility from day one
- Job and internship opportunities during and post-Fellowship
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 42 countries
- Access to a Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
- TFNFellows are citizens of Nigeria or of Nigerian origin. Teach for Nigeria is open to Nigerians who after the program can be a contributing change to education in Nigeria;
- They are looking for individuals with varying levels of experience including recent graduates, working youth, experienced professionals and entrepreneurs;
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and be younger than 35.
Click here to apply: Online Application portal for Teach for Nigeria