- Participants are required to take the following 3 steps:
- To enter the contest send a Peace Essay Request email to coordinator Frank Goetz at [email protected].
- Provide your Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Phone Number, and, if under 19, Age.
- Also, provide the Name and Position of the person or persons to whom the Essay will be directed. Your application acceptance as a contest participant will be acknowledged in an email containing your assigned 4-digit Essay Number. [If information is missing or confusing, you will be contacted by email or phone]
- In 800 words or less write your essay on: How Can We Obey the Law Against War? As soon as possible but at least by April 15, 2016 send the essay to the person named in your application and a copy to [email protected] with your Essay Number in the Subject line.
- By May 15, 2016 send Essay Response documentation to [email protected] with your Essay Number in the Subject line.
- Some examples of impact:
- The President agrees to explain the limitations placed on the government by KBP.
- A member of congress supports a resolution to make August 27 a Day of Reflection.
- The ACT or SAT administration agrees to include questions regarding KBP.
- A newspaper includes a KBP story.
- A school board revises its curriculum to expand KBP studies.
- A religious leader calls for nonviolent actions.
Act now: We may have to limit the number of contestants and it takes time to get responses. We will announce the Winners at a festive event honoring the 88th Anniversary of the Kellogg-Briand Pact on August 27, 2016.
Contact [email protected] for your inquiries.
Source Naija Writers Coach