Kwasu Top-up degree and HND conversion programmes for 2017/2018 academic session.
Kwara State University Higher National Diploma conversion programme addresses the dichotomy between B.Sc. and HND certificate holders.The major aim is to provide a level playing field, by way of Bachelor’s degree programme, to HND holders determined to beat discrimination in the world of work. This programme also provides a platform on which a university degree holder, hitherto dissatisfied with his/her class of degree, could “top up” and come out better. In the same vein, a holder of University degree who may wish to cross into other related discipline is afforded the opportunity through this programme. Ultimately, the programme is designed to promote self-actualization and imbue professional fulfillment with dignity.
(A) COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE
1. B. Agric. With the following options: a. Agricultural Economics b. Agricultural Extension c. Agronomy d. Animal Production e. Crop Protection f. Horticulture and Landscaping g. Soil science.
2. B. Sc. Food Science and Technology.
(B) COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
1. B. Sc. Ed. Business Education.
(C) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
1. B. Eng. Agricultural & Biological Engineering 2. B. Eng. Civil Engineering 3. B. Eng. Electrical /Electronic Engineering 4. B. Eng. Mechanical Engineering.
(D) COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES, MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. B. Sc. Accounting 2. B. Sc. Finance 3. B. Sc. Business Administration 4. B. Sc. Tourism & Hospitality Management 5. B. Sc. Economics 6. B. Sc. Public Administration.
(E) COLLEGE OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
1. B. Library and Information Science 2. B. Sc. Computer Science 3. B. Sc. Mass Communication.
(F) COLLEGE OF PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCE
1. B. Sc. Biochemistry 2. B. Sc. Industrial Chemistry 3. B. Sc. Microbiology 4. B. Sc. Statistics 5. B. Sc. Physics and Material Science.
TUITION: The fee for the programmes is a flat rate of Two hundred Thousand Naira Only (N200, 000 .00K) per session for all Nigerian candidates regardless of state of origin, payable only after candidate has been offered admission. The University allows for three (3) instalments per session.
DURATION: Six semesters.
COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES: 6th MAY, 2017.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application form attracts the sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira Only (N15,000.00K) payable via KWASU online payment platform. The application fee is non-refundable.