Location: University of Arizona Biosphere 2, USA.
Date: May 19 – 21, 2016.
One Young World is excited to announce a new series of in-depth Summits, each focusing on individual themes ranging from the environment to sustainable finance.
Kicking off this series is the One Young World Environment Summit to take place on 19 – 21 May 2016 at the University of Arizona Biosphere 2.
The Summit will feature speeches, breakout sessions and workshops inside Biosphere 2 – the world’s largest earth science laboratory. There will be a range of activities throughout the summit including a workshop on water scarcity that will occur in the desert area, whilst another breakout session focusing on deforestation will take place in the rainforest zone.
Topics for wider discussion include:
- renewable energy
- ocean protection
- rainforests and deforestation
- sustainable agriculture
- water and food security
- COP 21
- the arctic and Antarctic
- green business models
This Summit is for you if:
- your area of focus is the environment and you want a platform to share your views
- you want to be inspired by environmental experts from political, business and scientific spheres
- you want to connect with equally passionate young leaders to work together to generate solutions-led ideas which result in tangible action
- you want to explore Biosphere 2, recently called a must-see “Wonder of the World”
Ticket will go on sale shortly and you’ll need to buy quickly to catch our early bird prices! To be the first to know when tickets are released, please register below.